Welcome to the Dallas Center for Architecture!
At DCFA, we work to encourage the conversation about why architecture matters to YOU. We seek to foster the public's understanding of the power of architecture to enrich our city and our lives through this online resource as well as the programs, exhibits and tours that the Center presents. You can make a difference...come join us!
July 28, 2015
DCFA Celebrates Mid-Century Modernism in Two Exhibitions
As we enter the second half of 2015, the Dallas Center for Architecture presents two exhibitions featuring Mid-century Modernism. The shows, on the landscape designs of Dan Kiley and the photography of Balthazar Korab, feature stunning images of some of the architectural icons of the second half of the Twentieth Century. Read on for details.
August 19, 2015
Film Screening: Women in the Dirt
Women are influencing the profession of landscape architecture more today than ever before. Women in the Dirt highlights the work of seven award-winning women who have made their mark in the field: Mia Lerher, Andrea Cochran, Cheryl Barton, Isabelle Greene, Katherine Spitz, Pamela Palmer, and Lauren Melendrez. Though each has a unique body of work, their concerns overlap in the realm of sustainability and enduring design.
- Ongoing Exhibition: Dan Kiley Landscapes
- August 1, 2015 Arts District Walking Tour
- August 1, 2015 West End District Walking Tour
- August 1, 2015 Skyline 360 Tour
- August 3, 2015 Skyline 360 Tour
- August 6, 2015 Art Deco in North Texas
- August 8, 2015 Main Street District Walking Tour
- August 8, 2015 Skyline 360 Tour