Welcome to the Dallas Center for Architecture!
At DCFA, we work to encourage the conversation about why architecture matters to YOU. We seek to foster the public's understanding of the power of architecture to enrich our city and our lives through this online resource as well as the programs, exhibits and tours that the Center presents. You can make a difference...come join us!
January 30, 2014
Just Three Weeks To Go Before Form Follows Fitness 5K 2014!
It's that time again! We are very excited to announce that on February 22, 2014 we will be hosting the third annual Form Follows Fitness 5K, benefiting the Dallas Center for Architecture Foundation.
March 12, 2014
Film Series: Painted Churches of Texas
From the outside, they look like many American country churches built around the turn of the last century -- arched Gothic Revival windows, facades clad in white frame siding or in stone, lone steeples rising up into the Texas sky. Cross the threshold of these particular Texas churches and you'll encounter not a simple wooden interior but an unexpected profusion of color. Nearly every surface is covered with bright painting: exuberant murals radiate from the apse, elaborate foliage trails the walls, wooden columns and baseboards shine like polished marble in shades of green and gray. These are the Painted Churches of Texas.
- Ongoing Exhibition: Sacred Spaces of Texas
- Ongoing The Art of Architecture-Call for Entries
- March 8, 2014 Main Street District Walking Tour
- March 8, 2014 Skyline 360 Tour
- March 10, 2014 Skyline 360 Tour
- March 11, 2014 Kevin Sloan: One Landscape
- March 12, 2014 Film Series: Painted Churches of Texas
- March 13, 2014 Skyline 360 Tour