Welcome to the Dallas Center for Architecture!
At DCFA, we work to encourage the conversation about why architecture matters to YOU. We seek to foster the public's understanding of the power of architecture to enrich our city and our lives through this online resource as well as the programs, exhibits and tours that the Center presents. You can make a difference...come join us!
July 28, 2015
DCFA Celebrates Mid-Century Modernism in Two Exhibitions
As we enter the second half of 2015, the Dallas Center for Architecture presents two exhibitions featuring Mid-century Modernism. The shows, on the landscape designs of Dan Kiley and the photography of Balthazar Korab, feature stunning images of some of the architectural icons of the second half of the Twentieth Century. Read on for details.
September 10, 2015
Tour of Kiley Landscapes
Dan Kiley (1912-2004) was one of the most important and influential Modernist landscape architects of the 20th century and worked with equally significant architects, such as Eero Saarinen, Louis Kahn and I.M. Pei, to create internationally acknowledged design icons. In association with our exhibition on Kiley's work, we are pleased to present this special program. Two of Dan Kiley’s iconic landscape designs are here in Dallas—the sculpture garden at the Dallas Museum of Art and the water gardens at Fountain Place.
- Ongoing Exhibition: Dan Kiley Landscapes
- September 5, 2015 Arts District Walking Tour
- September 5, 2015 Skyline 360 Tour
- September 10, 2015 Tour of Kiley Landscapes
- September 12, 2015 Main Street District Walking Tour
- September 12, 2015 Skyline 360 Tour
- September 16, 2015 Exhibition Reception and Gallery Talk
- September 17, 2015 Urban Summit 2015